I was somewhat disappointed by how my photos of our first visit to Fenway turned out. My favorite lens, our wide angle 10-18mm isn't working properly, so I wasn't able to get the wide angle shots that I favor. Arriving, we were a bit rushed as we were running a late (not actually late, just not early like I wanted to be) to the game since the Freedom Trail went long and Adam wasn't feeling well. Add that to the fact that we were just taking it all in, and I really didn't take a whole lot of photos. Nor did we walk around during the game and explore/photograph anything. Oh well.
Our seats were interesting. Being that it's a 100 year old building, there are a lot of support beams. Support beams that block your view. Oh, you wanted to watch the game? Sorry, I'm just holding this building up.
We sat in the Grandstand, and I'm guessing that these wooden seats were original. They definitely needed a little TLC! But they were cool and historic, even if they were quite narrow.
We grabbed hot dogs, and were entertained by the New England style hot dog bun. Wait what? It's like a piece of bread folded in half, except it's still kind of a bun. Hard to explain. Yes, I never knew it existed either. Just google it.
I also indulged in some ice cream so that I could get my mini-helmet that I get at every ballpark.
Now here are lots of photos of the park and a few of us.
There's the Green Monster!
Note the guy changing the scoreboard in the background. He ran out between each inning to update. Sometimes he had to use his ladder. It was neat to watch.
Wally the Green Monster mascot!
It was quite hot & humid with no air flow. So we were sweaty.
Top of the 9th. 2 outs. Mauer at the plate. Full count. Red Sox fans are getting belligerent. Taunting Mauer. Cheering. Mauer swings. AND HITS A HOME RUN OVER THE GREEN MONSTER! OMG!!! UNBELIEVABLE!
Now watch the video from MLB!
It was epic. It was amazing. We were jumping around and screaming like fools. I don't think our Red Sox neighbors were happy with us. And we didn't even care.
A show of the crowd leaving the park.
It was a great game! Amazing in fact. We were giddy the rest of the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment