Friday:
- Picked up the house a bit.
- Adam mowed the lawn and then spread grass clippings in the garden. Hopefully this will prevent some of the mutant weeds.
- Once it cooled down, we were in the kitchen prepping the food. Adam made the artichoke dip while I made the cream cheese brownie cupcakes and peanut butter carrot pupcakes for Chester.
Saturday:
- Adam worked in the morning, but was home around 10.
- We did a bunch of yard work like pulling the weeds in the patio that refuse to die, pulling weeds on the side of the house and garden. Adam also sawed down a mini-tree that was growing in the middle of the back sidewalk. It looks so much better now and it's absence should give our tomatoes more light.
- I cleaned the floors again, boy Chester is really shedding a lot lately!
- Adam put together the pasta salad and prepped the Jucy Lucy's while I cut all the fruit for the fruit salad.
- Adam's brother came over around 5:30, and everyone else started tricking in at 6. We had about 9 people over plus ourselves. It was the perfect size. We had a great time and luckily the forecasted thunderstorms never occurred.
| Yard games - luckily Buchert brought bags. Adam wants to build his own still. |
| Adam playing bags with Zack |
| Chester with Uncle Aaron |
| Chester LOVED his pupcake |
| He was very focused on it. |
- After my morning walk with Chester, Adam and I headed down to the St. Paul Farmer's Market. It was packed when we got there at 10, but it's always fun to wander around. We got some flowers for my flower garden, and then some fresh veggies/herbs including garlic, basil, potatoes, and beets. Then we went to Cossetta's for lunch. YUM.
- The rest of the day was mostly spent being lazy and hot. Our A/C broke and we finally ordered a new one yesterday. In the meantime, our house was 86 degrees last night and I found myself looking for excuses to open the fridge just so I could stand in front of it's coolness.
- We had nachos for dinner and watched "Beavis and Butt-Head Do America" on TV. It was so awesome. I felt like I was thirteen again. Amazingly, I still found it to be hilarious. I'm so evolved.
I did venture out to the garden for about half an hour and picked black raspberries. I couldn't believe how many were ripe. I filled up a big container we had bought strawberries in -
| Lots of black raspberries |
No comments:
Post a Comment