The only good thing about all this snow is that Chester doesn't take forever to go to the bathroom. He's used to going in snow and loves it. This morning he just went on the snowy driveway. It was like a blank slate to him. I much preferred it to yesterday's debacle where I finally ended up holding an umbrella over him in the pouring rain so he would go.
Anyway, enough complaining about this ridiculous weather... moving on to the post for Wedding Wednesday - Wedding Cakes!
I LOVE wedding cakes. I don't necessarily like eating them because I'm not a big cake fan, but I love looking at them. I think they're a really important element of a wedding reception. It's fun to see how the cake design incorporates the look and feel of the wedding.
It was important to us to have a big, beautiful wedding cake (even though neither of us like to eat cake). You'll notice we didn't have a wedding topper, because I generally don't like them. Our cake ended up being 5 layers, and could feed 250. The design of it was inspired by our invitations.
| Here's our RSVP cards, I can't find a photo of our invites right now, but you get the idea. |
I really liked how our cake turned out. We also used my parent's cake cutting set, which they used on their wedding day twenty-eight years before - July 24, 1982. They already had their names and date engraved on the knife, so they added ours as well, which was really special. There's enough room for Christine to have hers added as well someday! Just as long as she doesn't marry someone with a REALLY long first name.
(Photo on left from Laura B., photo on right from Carey K.)
2010 seemed to be the year of weddings. Three of my cousins on the Doll side also got married last summer, and in addition, we attended the wedding of Adam's friend Jason to Tracy in Cleveland. Like I said, I love wedding cakes, so I thought I would share the fun cakes from those weddings as well. I think they say a lot about each couple and their wedding.
Tan & Lanette's May Wedding in Madison:
| Lanette & Tan's wedding cake matched their invites, which was a nice touch. |
Steven & Samantha's July 10th Wedding in La Crosse:
| Steven and Samantha's wedding cake incorporated their wedding colors of green and purple, along with peacock feathers. |
| Tracy and Jason's wedding cake design reminded me of the sweep of her dress. The flowers also reflected their wedding colors of cornflower blue and light pink. |
| Frank and Kelly's wedding cake topper tied into their theme of hearts which were used on their invites and incorporated in other ways at the wedding. |
I love how each cake was just so different. Aren't they fun to look at?!?
And because I thought it was just so perfect, here's more of our cake taken by our wedding photographer, Tiffany Brubaker.
![]() |
| Photo taken by Tiffany Brubaker Photography www.tiffanybrubaker.com |
![]() |
| Photo taken by Tiffany Brubaker Photography www.tiffanybrubaker.com |


Wow! Gorgeous wedding cakes. I love it! The designs and styles are really cool and unique. Also, the wedding cake toppers are cute and nice.
ReplyDelete