Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Recap: Pizza, Relaxation and Stillwater

This past weekend we were home. On Friday night, we went out for pizza at Tommy Chicago's in Mendota Heights. We had a Chicago style stuffed pizza. It was really good, but could have been a little warmer. I don't know that I would go back again.

On Saturday morning, Adam went fishing with his friend Zack. They didn't have much luck, so didn't stay out long. While Adam was gone, Chester and I did some playing and house work. When Adam got home, he worked on putting siding above the A/C and I did some yard work. Then we had a bit of a lazy day. We enjoyed a romantic home made dinner and then watched The Tourist that night, which was actually pretty good.

Sunday was our day trip to Stillwater. We were hoping to take in some great fall colors, but they just weren't ready yet. Luckily, it was a beautiful day. We enjoyed lunch on the deck at The Freight House with a great view of the St. Croix. Then we walked along the river by the lift bridge.

Sitting by the river
A timer shot

Adam by the lift bridge


Down by the river, we also saw this awesome Pontiac Firebird.

Very nice
Before heading back, we stopped at the Midtown Antique Mall where I showed Adam all the cool furniture they had on the third floor. I wish we had endless space and endless money for antique furniture! There were so many cool pieces.

Back at home we watched the end of the pathetic Vikings game. At least I wasn't expecting anything this season! I also took a nap with the pug until he decided he wasn't tired and kept licking my face and jumping at me to get up. He was definitely a "mama's boy" this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. We had awesome fall colors at the cabin. It was a bright blue sky all weekend and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete