One of my favorite things to do is curl up on the couch with the pug and a good book. I also enjoy reading in bed for an hour or so every night before I go to sleep. It helps me unwind from the day. This week's List Wednesday is of books I've read this year.
My
goal this year is to read 52 books - one for each week. I've been doing
pretty good with this, but a few boring books have slowed me down a
bit. I have this problem where I can't just stop reading a book if I'm
bored with it - I just keep waiting for it to get better. This results
in it taking me 2 weeks or more to read it, instead of the usual one
week or less.
I'm a member of Goodreads.com, so I can track my books and rate them. It's a great way to keep track.
Some of these books are silly or "chick lit" and I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit I read them... Oh well.
Here's my list for 2011 (so far):
I've put a * next to my favorites that I would definitely recommend.
January:
1. The Bells
Richard Harvell
2. Mistress of Rome
Kate Quinn
3. The Girl Who Chased the Moon
Sarah Addison Allen
4. The Infidelity Pact (TERRIBLE)
Carrie Karasyov
5. The Heretic's Daughter
Kathleen Kent
February:
6. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
Stephanie Meyer
*7. The Imperfectionists
Tom Rachman
8. Smashed: Story of a Drunken Girlhood
Koren Zailckas
9. Days of Gold
Jude Devaraux
*10. The Likeness
Tana French
March:
11. The Boyfriend of the Month Club
Maria Geraci
*12. Faithful Place
Tana French
13. Bittersweet
Nevada Barr
14. Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang
Chelsea Handler
*15. Ape House
Sara Gruen
April:
*16. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Rebecca Skloot
17. I Still Dream About You (TERRIBLE)
Fannie Flagg
*18. The Art of Racing in the Rain
Garth Stein
19. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary
David Sedaris
20. Delirium
Lauren Oliver
21. Just Kids (PRETTY BAD)
Patti Smith
22. A Reliable Wife
Robert Goolrick
May:
23. The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey
Walter Mosley
24. Daughters of Rome
Kate Quinn
25. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
Aimee Bender
June:
26. The Lacuna (HATED IT)
Barbara Kingsolver
27. Red Hook Road
Ayelet Waldmann
28. Exit the Actress
Priya Parmar
July:
29. The Red Queen
Philippa Gregory
30. Sunflowers
Sheramy Bundrick
August:
31. A Happy Marriage (HATED IT)
Rafael Yglesias
*32. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
Beth Hoffman
33. The Shack (HATED IT)
William P. Young
34. Kings of the Earth
Jon Clinch
*35. The Gendarme
Mark Mustian
September:
*36. The Little Book
Selden Edwards
37. Friday Mornings at Nine (PRETTY BAD)
Marilyn Brant
38. Sisterhood Everlasting
Ann Brashares
October:
*39. Pug Hill
Alison Pace
40. A Pug's Tale
Alison Pace
*41. The Mountains Between Us
Charles Martin
*42. The Kitchen House
Kathleen Grissom
*43. The Peach Keeper
Sarah Addison Allen
So I need to read 9 more books to reach my goal. I think it will happen as long as I don't get stuck in the middle of a bad book!
No comments:
Post a Comment