Thursday, September 26, 2013

My New iPhone 5S came!!!!

It came, it came, it came!!!

After the initial ship date of 10/21-10/30/13, I got a new e-mail last Saturday that my new iPhone had shipped and was being overnighted. Delivery was set for 8 pm on Monday night.

That night, Adam was at a Twins game with work (lucky guy was in a suite!), so it was just Chester and me at home. I eagerly checked the front and back doors every 20 minutes from the time I got home until 8:30. No phone. I rechecked the FedEx site, and the delivery date had been changed to NA. WHAT?!?

I went from angry that they didn't have any on launch date, to really angry when the ship date was a month out, to happy that it was coming on Monday, to disappointed and angry again when it didn't show up. I've gone through so many emotions over a stupid phone!

FINALLY on Wednesday I checked the status and it was set to be delivered that day. They left it at the front door around 2, so I was a bit nervous it might get taken. We pulled up, Adam stopped, and I raced up the lawn to grab it. Who knew a new phone could be so exciting?!

I had to call to activate it, and then sync it with my old phone. Thanks to iCloud, everything was backed up and transferred to my new phone such as all my photos, notes, contacts, apps, and even the order they were in the screen. It's awesome.

I'm loving my new phone! It's so pretty.

My favorite new features are -
- finger print reader to unlock
- Siri (my 4 was the last model without it, and it's really handy I like to use Siri to make new note)
- Way better camera (photo quality is much improved!) with filters
- iOS 7
- AirDrop (quickly share photo, notes, etc) via bluetooth with phones/contacts nearby you
- swipe up for commonly used items like wireless on/off, airplane mode, screen brightness, flashlight, alarm clock, calculator and camera

LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment