We walked down to the Monte Carlo where we picked up our tickets for the 7 pm Blue Man Group show.
Our seats were in the 4th row which is considered the "splash zone," so we had awesome ponchos to wear. I had read reviews online though and knew it was very rare to get anything on you.
My camera didn't like the blacklights.
The show was actually a lot better than I expected. It was Adam's pick; I had actually tried to talk him into going to another Cirque show, with no luck. It was fun though and actually pretty funny. My only disappointment was that their famous drumming with paint was only for about 1 minute at the very end. I'd probably go to another Blue Man Group show though. I think sitting up close was key as a big part of it was seeing their facial expressions.
The show got over around 8:45, and we headed north on the Strip towards Paris for our 9:15 dinner reservation at Mon Ami Gabi. We walked through Aria and I admired the lovely Chandelier Bar. So sparkly!
On our way, we stopped by Bellagio to catch another fountain show. I'm obsessed.
Dinner at Mon Ami Gabi was excellent. We split some duck confit to start. I had seared sea scallops with mashed potatoes and Brussels Sprouts & bacon.
Mon Ami Gabi is on the first level, so the view out the window of the Strip was neat.
We walked back to the hotel where I gambled for the first and last time of the trip. I had a $5 Total Rewards certificate to use at the Flamingo from signing up (for the shorter hotel check-in line). I found a fishing penny slot machine and sat down. I kept winning (very small amounts) and ended up playing for about half an hour while Adam watched. The cocktail waitress came by and I kindly got him a beer. "I'll have a beer."
By the time I hit $12, I was bored and cashed out. High roller, right here.
I was actually kind of embarassed when I redeemed my cash out certificate the next morning. Haha.
Then we went up to the room and just enjoyed the view for the last time.




















No comments:
Post a Comment