Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Weekend Recap: Vikings & Holiday Shopping w/ Fam

Friday evening we finished up a few little projects. Adam put the doors back on the hutch, and then we stepped back to admire it. It turned out really well. I'll have before and after photos in my post tomorrow!

Then he cut a board for our weird cabinet (to cover the hole for electrical) and slid it in to make a new liquor cabinet shelf. Yay!
No, it's not snowing. I just really need to clean this lens apparently.
Saturday morning I made pumpkin pancakes with mix from Trader Joe's. Adam doesn't like pumpkin stuff, but he didn't mind these. Luckily.

I also did some final paint touch-ups on the hutch before declaring it done. It looks great. We also did some house cleaning.

At 7:30, we headed downtown, and "circled like vultures" for parking. We finally sucked it up and paid $3 to park. It wasn't bad at least! Then we met Laura and Alan at Ruam Mit Thai. Yum! Great company and great food. It had been a while, so it was nice to visit and catch up. I had my favorite, Thai Pineapple Fried Rice with tofu, and Adam had his favorite, the papaya salad.

After dinner, we walked down to Great Waters Brewery for a drink. I had some yummy hot chocolate with Frangelico (a hazlenut liqueur) and Baileys. Delcious!

We left a little after 11, and got home just in time to miss the torrential down pour. Though poor Chester had to wait for it to let up before I took him outside.

On Sunday, we slept in a bit and then headed to the Metrodome for the Vikings game! It was against the Detroit Lions, so now I've seen the Vikings play all their divisional opponents in person. Adam still hasn't seen them play Green Bay though. Someday...

I enjoyed seeing Matt Stafford (#9)


Suh (left corner #90),

 my crabby pal Jim Schwartz (grey blob on field)

 and MEGATRON!

It was a good game and we had a lot of fun together!

Check out this awesome [sarcasm] hat that was 2 rows in front of us. What the heck? I was having flashbacks of a certain Green Bay game when I couldn't see in front of me because of a furry hatted man.

It was Remembrance Day, so they really recognized vets.

 Once again, Peterson had a big game. Lucky for us, his big touchdown run was on our end of the field! As was Wright's first NFL catch and NFL touchdown!


After the game, we headed down to Galleria to meet my fam. They were in town for Christine to do a college visit on Monday morning.

My dad and Adam headed home, while Mom, Stine, my cousin Kelly and I stayed to do some shopping at Crate & Barrell. It's a holiday tradition for the girls to go shopping there for Christmas ornaments. We continued our shopping at Southdale where we got some shoes. Then it was on to Target to check out their Christmas stuff and pick up a few other things.

We met the guys at Cossetta's at 8:05, only to discover they closed at 8 (even though I checked their website and it said 9?). Disaster! Luckily they let us buy food from what they had left, and everybody got what they wanted. What a relief!

Back at home, we hung out with Chester and visited. It was so fun to have them come up and stay over. And Chester LOVED having visitors!

Though yesterday morning was another story... The snow in St. Paul made for very icy treacherous driving conditions. It took them 2 hours to get over to the U, which should be a half hour drive, tops. It took me an hour and 40 minutes to get to work. And once I got to work, everyone thought I was crazy because the south metro barely even received a dusting. It was bizarre! Downtown St. Paul was such a mess. Traffic cops directing traffic. City buses stuck sideways blocking traffic. Cars all crashed together at the bottom of the hill I usually take. Roads so icy I needed someone to push me (and a bunch of other vehicles) up the hill because I was stuck. I guess the bad roads were a result of the unexpected heavy wet snowfall, lack of pre-treatment and lack of plowing/sanding/salting. It was scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment