On Friday after work, I went to Target and got some Christmas shopping done. Then, I picked up Adam and we ran to Gander Mountain for even MORE Christmas shopping. Adam also got himself a few things, like an ice fishing pole and an ice house. Oh, how he loves his fishing!
| Adam in his new ice house, in our kitchen. (It was extra reflective) |
| Inside the ice house |
| Looks kind of bad, but it was really good! |
Saturday was Chester's big day! It was the Santa Paws event for MN-Pug Rescue. As usual, Chester had a great time scooting around and sniffing butts. He even got to see his brother Bubba and his mom Martha. There were a few incidents, okay 3, but he only started 1 of them (when another dog wouldn't get out of his face). Oh Chester...
| Chester's doggy mom, Martha |
| Chester's brother, Bubba (Martha is on the cooler in the background) |
| With my little bud |
| Chester and his dad |
Saturday evening was our big shopping night. We went to Bed, Bath & Beyond, PetSmart, Kohl's, Jo-Ann Fabric, PotBelly's for a quick dinner, Rosedale Mall (DSW, Williams Sonoma, Macy's, JCPenny) and Target. We were only gone for 3.5 hours though so we fit a lot in. We're pretty much done with Christmas shopping now, and for that I am so grateful. Going in the evening meant we avoided the holiday shopping craziness which was great. Big crowds when shopping stress me out, especially when I'm on a mission- GET OUT OF MY WAY!
On Sunday, we slept in, made breakfast, and watched the latest Vikings epic fail. At least it was fun to watch Joe Webb. I had mixed feelings about the loss. Of course I never want them to lose, but at the same time, their record is so bad, I can't help but want them to lose out the rest of the season for a better draft pick. Curses to Indy for being so terrible... I wish we had the #1 pick!
After the Vikings game, we watched the Packers game and wrapped presents. It feels great to be done with that as well! We were hoping to be able to put the Christmas presents under the tree this year, but unfortunately little Chester thinks everything under the tree is his. We put a few under just to test, and he was right over there sniffing, chewing on the corners and ripping them open. So cute, yet so bad! I'm glad we found out he couldn't be trusted BEFORE putting all of them under the tree. I sure would hate to have to re-wrap them.
For dinner, Adam made some amazing French onion soup. It was delicious!
We were sad the weekend was over, but felt great that we got so much done!
Chester I am soooo you got to see your doggy mommy-Chester I am sooo happy you saw your brother too
ReplyDeleteAVA