Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WR: Christine Graduates!!!

It was a big weekend for us as Christine graduated from high school!

We went back on Friday night, and celebrated Caroline's College Graduation with the family.

It was a nice party! Chester enjoyed playing with Kody (who was recovering from mouth surgery, poor guy) and his new friend Coco (they've only met once before).

Saturday was busy as we spent most of the day preparing for Christine's Grad Party on Sunday.

We did take a break so we could give Christine her birthday gifts from us.

We gave her Sherbert and Birthday Cake Oreos (she loves different flavored ones),


a Twins fleece blanket, and a ticket to a Twins game in September when she's up at college. Something to look forward to!

The family also gave her a scrapbook of all her school and a few baby photos. This was the SUPER SECRET PROJECT that I've been working on the past few weeks. I blame the Cricut for it taking me so long to do. I love the Cricut, but it is very time consuming!


Chester enjoyed Christine's new blanket as well!

Adam and Dad were able to sneak away for a bit to do some fishing.
While I was getting ready, Chester decided he needed a better view out the bedroom window -

 
That night, we all took a break and went to a movie together - The Great Gatsby. I enjoyed it, but didn't love it as much as I thought I would!

Sunday morning brought more party prep right up until it was time to go.

Mom helped Christine get her cap and gown on.

Christine thought Chester should try on her cap. He was not amused!


And then it was time to take some photos!


Adam's parents even came down to celebrate Christine's Graduation! It was so thoughtful of them.

At the school, we of course took more photos before the ceremony.



Here was part of Christine's cheering section -

 And then it was time for Christine to graduate!




Graduation was done by 3, so we had plenty of time for more photos and then the finishing touches before her party started at 4:30. It was a great party! By going through her list, my mom figured about 130 people came.

Even our favorite French teacher came! We both had Monsieur for French from 7th Grade through Senior year!




There was great food like a taco bar, nacho machine, popcorn machine, but the best was the Slush Puppy machine!

And here are the 3 photo boards I put together! Excessive, I know!

Chester even wore his Gophers costume in honor of Christine's future college!


I had kitchen duty for a few hours so was kept super busy refilling everything. Then we partied into the night and even had a bonfire.

Monday was a low key day due to the weather. Lots of grad party guests came over to my parent's house for lunch and to visit. We also celebrated Curt's birthday - I even made cakeballs for the occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment