We had a lot of house projects we wanted to get done over the weekend. After work on Friday we went to Home Depot and picked up a bunch of salt for our ice driveway and sidewalk, along with peg board for Adam and grey paint chips for me.
Right away that night I spent a few hours upstairs going through paperwork and stuff in my "office." I have big plans of switching this space with the guest room across the hall. So the current second guest room (with the futon) will be my office, and my current office will be the second guest room with the futon. Mainly this is because of paint colors. I can't wait to repaint the gross pink that is in my office and put up some of our sports memorabilia for the new second guest room.
But before I can do all that, I need to clean the disaster. Sorry, I have no photos as I'm a bit embarrassed about how bad it is. But I'm working on it!
On Saturday, I worked upstairs for a few more hours in the morning and then came down to hang out with Chester so Adam could work in the basement. While he was down there, I surfed the web and found some stencil and fabrics I liked for upstairs. In the basement, Adam assembled the work bench his dad made, put up the peg board, and then started to get organized.
Before the work bench, all his stuff was scattered all over the basement floor, so this is a huge improvement and gives him a nice work space!
That afternoon, we ran some errands (Home Depot, Jo-Ann, the liquor store and Target). When we got home, I took Chester out and promptly fell on the ice in our driveway. Ugh. It's been painful this whole week. Adam's been a trooper and has been taking Chester on all his walks.
We watched a movie and relaxed in the evening.
Sunday morning, Adam did some more organizing in the basement. We also worked on a puzzle that was surprisingly difficult for only 500 pieces! We think it was because it was an artist's painting so all the pieces looked really similar. It's of Split Rock Lighthouse.
Then Adam made some guac and we headed over to his Curt & Robin's to watch the Super Bowl. There we had delicious nachos and enjoyed the game. It was a little boring at first, but the 49ers sure made it interesting in the second half. After the half hour epic light fail of course. How bizarre!
Chester enjoyed running around on the carpet and then had a nice long snuggle session with me in his hammock.
Yes, he was suspended in the blanket between my legs (nothing underneath him but the blanket and air).
It was goofy!
I really wanted the 49ers to win for the sake of my guy Randy Moss, but alas, it was not meant to be.





No comments:
Post a Comment