This recap is a bit delayed as I stayed home from work yesterday (for the first time in my 5 years there) with a migraine. It was pretty horrible and my medicine didn't work. Fortunately, Chester was very well behaved even though he was a little confused as to why his mom was in bed all day and not interested in playing. And it wasn't for lack of trying - he kept jumping up onto the bed with different toys.
Our weekend was full of good food and house projects, with some relaxation mixed in. Friday night, we made the delicious mahi dish I blogged about a few weeks back, and had it with kale and ciabatta rolls. Yum. Then I spent a few hours organizing and going through things upstairs, while Adam and Chester watched some Gophers hockey.
On Saturday morning, I was up bright and early to take Chester around the block. It was a beautiful morning! I also made some chocolate crêpes filled with Nutella and cookie butter. Delicious! Adam claimed they were too sweet, but I think he liked them!
I'm still working on my crêpe technique. This is my second time making them (Adam usually does), and I didn't make a huge mess this time. Note my giant jar of Nutella from Sam's Club.
I spent some more time upstairs, but then developed a headache and had to lay down for a few hours. I still didn't feel the greatest, but we had plans to go out to dinner at La Fonda's for date night since we had a Groupon, so off we went. I thought the food was pretty mediocre and wouldn't go back, but Adam enjoyed it. There are so many good Mexican restaurants closer to home though, so I think we'll stick with those. I did enjoy my giant peach margarita though!
After dinner, we made a brief stop at Trader Joe's where we picked up a bunch of random things like kale, artichoke hearts, plantain chips, daffodils, and edamame crackers. I love Trader Joe's!
Adam got up with Chester on Sunday, so I got to sleep in for a bit. I was feeling motivated to get stuff done, so we dragged down all the empty cardboard boxes from upstairs, and Adam broke them down to put out for recycling.
Then we tackled the tiling of the space behind the stove. I was sick of it just being a gaping hole, and the piece that came with the stove to put back there wasn't wide or long enough. We still have to caulk, but it looks much better already!
Once all our chores were done, we relaxed and watched the movie we had from Netflix; Act of Valor. It was decent even though there wasn't much of a storyline and some pretty bad acting in my opinion. Lots of action though. Adam said it was like one of his videogames, Call of Duty, brought to life.
We all took a nap out in the living room, which was delightful. I'm pretty sure that getting to snuggle with us is one of Chester's favorite parts about "stay home days." I love this photo Adam took of Chester snuggling in my arms!
For dinner, we made mini gnocchi with red sauce, lemon kale, and more ciabatta rolls. We're really loving kale lately!








No comments:
Post a Comment