Sorry for the blogging delay. I drove down to La Crescent last night and back this morning for my sister’s Confirmation. I’ll blog about that tomorrow.
Adam, Chester and I had a most lovely weekend together. I was home by 5 on Friday night, so we took advantage of the nice weather and did some yard work and clean up. Chester joined us outside in his folding play pen. Other than the occasional bark, he was pretty good. I think he appreciated being able to be out by us instead of inside by himself. For dinner, Adam grilled some bacon wrapped pork chops and asparagus. It was awesome.
Saturday was another gorgeous day. We wanted to get some tomato plants and flowers for Mother’s Day, so we headed to the St. Paul Farmer’s Market. It was our first Farmer’s Market adventure of the year. We finally discovered the free parking lot a block away on Kellogg, so we were happy. We got some tomato and jalapeño plants, along with a lily for Adam’s mom and a geranium for mine. I also got a geranium for us. We really liked the color.
 |
| Oriental Lily from the Farmer's Market. Photo by Adam. |
Saturday evening was a bit of a date night. We tried out a new Mexican restaurant not too far away from us, Los Ocampo. It’s in a former Baker’s Square building, so the atmosphere isn’t the greatest and service was rather slow for it being so early (around 5 pm). However, my mango margarita was awesome and I enjoyed the food. The chips and salsa were good, and the app we got was awesome. I was so full from chips and the appetizer that I barely ate any of my burrito. It came with chips and guac as well. Yum. We've been really into Mexican food lately.
After our meal, we ran a few errands before going to “Water for Elephants.” I loved the book, and was finally able to talk Adam into seeing it. I thought it was pretty true to the book (although I haven’t read it for over a year). I enjoyed it. Though I did get a little restless in the middle – probably because I have a short attention span and those movie theater seats just are NOT comfortable no matter how many times you reposition yourself. Adam didn’t hate it, so that’s a good thing.
For Mother’s Day, we went over to Adam’s parents for lunch. It was quite the smorgasbord of very tasty food, and of course great company! Chester loves Curt and Robin’s because of their big open carpeted basement – he thinks it’s a racing track. The boy is rather speedy.
The following photos were shot by Adam:
 |
| Grilled turkey meatballs. Amazing! |
 |
| Grilled shrimp and grilled chicken skewers |
And these were shot by me.
I thought I should have been honored for Mother’s Day since I am Chester’s mama, but Adam didn’t agree. Humph. See if he gets anything for Father’s Day!
 |
| Photo by Adam |
No comments:
Post a Comment