Over the weekend we attended two different St. Patrick's Day parties. The first one was with Adam's friends at David and Sarah's place in Minnetonka. It was fun to finally see their new condo and get together with everyone. They had a lot of fun "green" food and snacks. I had a few too many of the cookies!
On the way there we almost ran out of gas - which was a bit nerve-racking. We were by downtown Minneapolis when the warning light came on, but we didn't see any gas stations. We kept going, got off the highway, but couldn't find anything. Eventually we found one in Minnetonka. Adam said when he filled up he put 15.4 gallons in, and it's a 16 gallon tank. So we didn't have much extra... I've never run out of gas before, and I hope never to.
On Saturday, we had some of my friends over. The dinner was Irish themed and everyone brought something. Adam and I had a corned beef brisket cooking in the crockpot all day, so we enjoyed Reubens. Adam made a really good hot artichoke dip with pita bread as well. Alan also brought an artichoke and vegetable dip with french bread, which was really good along with grapes. Michael brought cole slaw (Adam's fav), and Thousand Island dressing for the Reubens because Adam and I don't eat it and forgot to buy some. Caitlin and Rusell brought supplies for an Irish whiskey, lime and ginger ale drink that I can't think of the name for. I don't like whiskey, but this was actually a very refreshing drink. Caitlin also tried her hand at Irish soda bread which turned out great. Laura brought the dessert - Guinness ice cream from Izzy's, chocolate cake, and the supplies to make whipped cream with Bailey's (I think it was 2 c. heavy cream, 1/2 c. sugar, and a few teaspoons of Bailey's). YUM. We used the Kitchenaid to make it and it turned out nice and fluffy. Whipped cream tastes wonderful like that, and is so easy with the Kitchenaid. It was truly a fantastic meal and a lot of fun.
Once again, I have no photos, but my camera charger just arrived so I should have photos for the blog going forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment